- On the lids of my eyes. The part you see when your eyes are open.
- As an eyeliner. A pencil or a shadow, applied wet (less fall-out) with a brush.
- On my cheekbones. A blush/bronzer or illuminizer/highlighter.
- In lip color. Lip color, even bright ones, look a little softer with some reflection. I am not talking glitter but matte can be dull and emphasize the imperfections and asymmetry of lips, generally being less forgiving of a quick and dirty application. (Is there any other way, most of the time?)
- When I am feeling sparkly; on the water or shore, at a party or a concert.
I personally think it is A-OK to use shimmer products on mature skin. The key is to not wear them all over the face at the same time. I am most likely to use them:
Amy Linville is an artist and esthetician that believes simple, sustainable and non-rushed daily skincare and beauty rituals are the foundation for finding comfort in your skin and looks, no matter your age.